All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

This forum is for official Announcements only

Post subject: Upcoming Patch information
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:04 pm 
Director of Community

Location: The house with the window and door on the front! ^^
Attention Knights!!!

We just wanted to let you in on some information for the very soon upcoming patch! There will be a Club War, a Club Challenge, and 2 additional exits from the starting points in marble battle! For information on the club war and challenge please read below! Also at the bottom of this post there is a few screenshots showing the additional exits from the starting points in marble battles, we hope this will end the camping issue! As soon as we have a confirmed definite date on when the patch will be we will inform everyone, but it is coming very very soon!! Hope you all are ready for this ^.^

Club War System
Club War is a PvP (Player vs Player) event for clubs, with a chance to take over an area and collect taxes. Players go into an area and try to capture a terminal. A Club can only hold one area at any given time.
There will be an in-game announcement 30 minutes before a Club War starts. Club Wars are held in two places:
1. East Control Center - Dragon Side
2. West Control Center - Owl Side

The world is split into two sides: a Dragon School side and an Owl School side. The side you take over is the side you can tax.
Club War is held twice a week for an hour on Tuesday at 6pm PST (9pm EST), and Saturday at 2pm (EST).
The benefits of winning Club War are:
1. Get the ability to tax the area, which provides Income.
2. You have the ability to spawn barriers in the next Club War.

Club Challenge System
The game announces the Club Challenge 30 minutes before it starts. Club Challenges are held in 3 places:
1. Beginner C.C - Levels 1-30
2. Amateur C.C - Levels 31-59
3. Professional C.C - Levels 60+
Club Challenge is a PvE(Player vs Environment) event for clubs, with a chance to win Club points and enhancement material. Players go into an area and kill mobs, and the Club that kills the most mobs wins. The top 10 Clubs get a reward that is given out afterwards via the mailing system.
Club Challenge are held twice a day for 30 minutes at 4pm & 8pm (PST).
Warning: Although this is a PvE Challenge (your score is based on PvE kills) it does take place in a PvP map. It is possible to be killed by other players.

There will be 3 exits on Dragon and Owl starting points!

Image Image

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Upcoming Patch information
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:00 pm 
Worker

that will be nice :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:16 pm 
Hunter

I think they should set up those two new exits to be strictly EXIT ONLY.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:17 pm 
Fighter

Sounds fun, cant wait.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:01 am 
Worker

With these new side exits, I hope that doesn't mean those rooms are now no-PK zones as well?

I am not sure I understand that the camping issue is/was. Clearly there should not be any pking within the spawn room. However, I have noticed priests especially standing in the "no-pkzone" in front of the spawn area casting heals/rez.

While they might be in the "no-pkzone area", if they are casting skills then they should be (and are in my opinion) fair game.

Let's be honest, this is supposed to be PvP - having all these rules is really taking away from PvP (the best survive). I have played many PvP games where part of the strategy is holding "choke" points and defending spawn areas.

One option that I could see to help prevent spawn camping, would be have the spawn area not accessible. The only way out of the spawn area is to go through a "gate" that teleports you onto the battlefield. This "gate" would be one way.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:54 am 
Fighter

Ok, so now that we'll have gates in MB soon does that mean it would still be easy for a team to win? I mean like you know how sometimes there is 2 owls agaist 1 dragon, and the dragon some how won as being the only person who entered the game. So my question is is this really going to prevent spawn camping?

Also, I was wondering. In this patch...Maybe you can add new classes? Because i'd like to have new classes because the ones we have are kinda getting a litle old to be honest. If there were just one more circle i'd be excited. I thought up with the bow circle. the bow circle has 2 classes like the others. BUT the 2 classes are very similer. they both use a certan type of arrows. EX: The classes i chose were crossman and archer. crossmen use cross bows with a certain type of arrow. and archer use the same things but they are different. crossbows use air arrows and archer regular arrows. If this was added to the patch then id be super excited. but its just an idea!

-Dragon
-Lvl 60

What's with your attitude? Eat up some Rhainbow Skittles, Makes your day all better. :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:11 am 
Worker

hawkfrost wrote:
Ok, so now that we'll have gates in MB soon does that mean it would still be easy for a team to win? I mean like you know how sometimes there is 2 owls agaist 1 dragon, and the dragon some how won as being the only person who entered the game. So my question is is this really going to prevent spawn camping?

I think worse than spawn camping is this increased occurrence of the 1 person up on both sides. Granted I am a dragon, so I see it happening more when I enter into MB that it will be 3 (owls) vs 2 (dragons).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:40 pm 
Hunter

burnttoast wrote:
I think worse than spawn camping is this increased occurrence of the 1 person up on both sides. Granted I am a dragon, so I see it happening more when I enter into MB that it will be 3 (owls) vs 2 (dragons).

That's because there are certain players who have alts in the opposite school which they use to make MB's start without having the required amount of players.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:16 am 
Director of Community

Location: The house with the window and door on the front! ^^
I think there is some confusion on the definition of "camping". Camping would be standing there to prevent anyone from coming out. Also in the starting point there is no pvp turned on. Even though there are 3 exits this does not mean camping will be allowed. The same rules apply but you also get some more room to play. As far as the rooms those exits enter into, they are not a no pvp zone, but camping as in preventing anyone to come out is not allowed. And about the dual logging to make a MB begin, I get this reported a lot but when ever I check, it is rarely true. Don't always be so quick to accuse ^.^

Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:59 am 
Worker

Lilliyan wrote:
I think there is some confusion on the definition of "camping". Camping would be standing there to prevent anyone from coming out. Also in the starting point there is no pvp turned on. Even though there are 3 exits this does not mean camping will be allowed. The same rules apply but you also get some more room to play. As far as the rooms those exits enter into, they are not a no pvp zone, but camping as in preventing anyone to come out is not allowed. And about the dual logging to make a MB begin, I get this reported a lot but when ever I check, it is rarely true. Don't always be so quick to accuse ^.^

I appreciate the clarification, however since there are times when one side is down a player (for whatever reason), attacking at a choke point is a tactic to help level the playing field.

I am concerned that there will be more reports of "camping" with these new exit points that will further restrict PvP.

In other words, if I stay in a side room and attack someone coming through an exit point, is that going to be considered camping?